For healthcare recruiters, conducting a SWOT analysis can be the driver and framework for all of their recruitment marketing activities including the messages they use, the media they select, and the tone, personality and voice in how they communicate with perspective candidates.
SWOT analysis (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats analysis) is a framework for identifying and analyzing the internal and external factors that can have an impact on the viability of a project, product, place or person.
Most importantly, it allows healthcare organizations to carve out a sustainable niche in their market to address areas of need within their recruiting processes.
- Why do people work for your healthcare organization or for your competitors?
- Do you have a strong continuing education program so that employees can upgrade credentialing and progress to higher levels of responsibility?
- What about your location that is unique, interesting or different?
- Is there a sense of work/life balance?
- Is your healthcare system offer the latest technological advancements?
- Does your organization offer a diverse, inclusive and collaborative team environment?
- What can you say about your healthcare organization from a compensation (salary/benefits) perspective compared to the competition?
- What do your competitors do particularly well that your organization does not do?
- Are there any inefficiencies in your recruiting process?
- Are the expectations of candidates managed as they go thru the interview and onboarding process?
- Do you have a dedicated careers website and social media channels specifically for recruitment?
- Do you effectively market/communicate with potential candidates?
- What are the chances to improve performance in the near future, both hospital-wide and in your Human Resources function?
- What are new areas of growth for the hospital
- What successes, awards or changes in the scope of the hospital operation can be leveraged?
- How will the recent and future mergers of competing hospitals impact your healthcare facility?
- How will your healthcare facility address the coming nursing shortage?
- How well is your Talent Brand set up to attract the candidates needed today and in the future?
- How would you access the candidate experience from the moment they reach your career site throughout the entire onboarding process?
When it comes to healthcare recruitment, performing a SWOT analysis allows your human resources department to make smart decisions to improve hiring today and know what must be in place to attract the top talent in the future.